While there are plenty of great reasons to love Napa Valley, one of our favorites here at SENZA Hotel is the sense of local community. Even at our most celebratory-whether toasting a great harvest season or savoring the world-classdining Napa Valley is known for, there is always a spirit of generosity at the heart of our region's signature hospitality.
One of the most important events of the season takes this impulse to a whole new level! Auction Napa Valley invites wine lovers from all over the world to invest in unique experiences, special bottlings, and other amazing lots, all for the benefit of those in the Napa Valley community who need help. Not only that, but the Auction is a great way to see, taste, and toast the best of Napa Valley, both in the glass and in the spirit of this beautiful, unique part of the world.
We hope you'll consider timing your visit to SENZA Hotel to join the Auction, though wine lovers around the world can bid from home. Below, learn more about this important event, and join us to support the positive impact we can make in the lives of others!
The Auction kicks off on Sunday, May 27, with the "E-auction" open to bidders almost anywhere. It will run through noon on Sunday, June 3!
On Friday, June 1, Napa Valley's first winery - that's Charles Krug - hosts the Barrel Auction from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM; come prepared to try (a lot of) wine! With pours direct from the barrel, and a whole host of food and wine vendors to visit outside Charles Krug's Redwood Cellar, there's plenty to delight your senses.
On Saturday, June 2, spend the afternoon into the evening celebrating with the live auction. First, greet representatives of groups and families who will benefit from your generosity, then enjoy the wines and small bites offered by local vendors while you learn about live lots that will go up for bidding.
Then - get your paddle ready! The main event allows guests to bid on the amazing lots designed, created, and donated to benefit those who need help in the Napa Valley.
After the excitement, unwind and relax with an Italian meal prepared by San Francisco's famous chef Nancy Oaks of Boulevard, during a concert and dessert parade!
While the fun and festivities are important, the real heart of Auction Napa Valley lies with those it serves. The Auction has helped more than 100,000 individuals annually and has given more than $180 million since 1981.
About 30% of funds raised are strategic, one-time gifts to local non-profits like the Boys & Girls Clubs in American Canyon and Calistoga; Napa Valley Community Disaster Relief Fund; and the Napa Valley Early Learning Initiative, among others. The other 70% goes to non-profit partners invested in community health and children's education, like NapaLearns, Aim High, the Cope Family Center, Planned Parenthood, and others.
At SENZA, we strive to help our guests make their Napa Valley experience as unique and luxurious as our boutique hotel. Call today (707-253-0337) or visit us online to book your stay at Napa Valley's SENZA Hotel.